MS Screening Services Sdn Bhd (MS Screening) is committed to the protection of your personal data and takes the matter of protecting your privacy as a high priority. MS Screening respects your privacy and we acknowledge that you have specific rights related to any personal data we collect from you and we have specific obligations in respect of the same.
Our commitment to you
Defining personal data
Personal data means any information relating directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a person. References to “us” or “we” shall refer to MS Screening.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
The types of personal data that we collect directly or indirectly from you or from third parties depend on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. Such personal data may be viewed as sensitive information, including:
- contact information (address, phone number, email address);
- passport or national identification details;
- date of birth;
- contents of any other identification for employment purposes;
- education and employment history;
- work-related skills and experience;
- professional credentials or licenses;
- membership in professional organizations;
- any other information contained in an individual’s Curriculum Vitae or Resume;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- disability and health-related information;
- next-of-kin or emergency contact information;
- financial information;
- health information;
- results of drug, criminal, and/or background screenings;
- information contained within your personnel file, such as performance reviews and disciplinary action;
- information from and related to publicly published profiles you have created on job related social media platforms and job boards (such as LinkedIn or Indeed);
- information provided by references; and
- information regarding your career interests, preferences, and qualifications.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect and receive personal data directly from you, from prospective employers, from your authorized representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorized, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorized representative pursuant to our security procedures), from third parties (e.g., credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
How we use your personal data
We may collect and use personal data from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to assess and/or verify creditworthiness;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- to third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us for any of the purposes described above. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us; and
- for any other purposes that are required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines, and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Disclosure of your personal data
As a part of providing you with our products and/or services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies;
- government authorities;
- higher learning institutions;
- credit reporting agencies;
- professional certification agencies;
- customs, immigration, or other regulatory authorities applicable to you;
- companies or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested;
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal data; and
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent the subject at all times to any laws.
What if personal data provided by you is incomplete?
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete. However, this means that you must update us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with. We will not be held responsible for relying on incomplete or inaccurate personal data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
Where indicated in the checklist, it is obligatory for you or your prospective employer or your authorized representatives to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our services. Should the request to provide such obligatory personal data had been declined; we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services.
Your rights to access and correct your personal data
We can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via the contact details provided below.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We will take all reasonable precautions necessary to protect your Personal Data from misuse, interference and loss; and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we will secure your data in the following ways:
- register all personnel who are allowed access;
- control and limit access based on necessity;
- maintain proper record of access and transfer of Personal Data;
- ensure all employees of the Company protect confidentiality;
- conduct awareness programs to all employees on the responsibility to protect personal data;
- establish data encryption; and
- do not use removable devices and cloud computing services to transfer or store personal data unless with written consent from top management of the Company.
We cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties, which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are collected. The personal data will be destroyed or permanently deleted, where possible, after the purpose is served.